Tuesday 15 April 2008

The "fake law" of attraction?

This is a sincere letter written to one of my dear friends.

Many thanks to him for raising this issue considering 'science' and 'spirits'. To those phenomenon that we haven't had the abilities to prove scientifically, we do need to rigorously categorize them into two different fields. However, I hope, with my whole heart, that someday, all of the human beings will experience how beautiful and joyful the spiritual world is, as I've been experiencing. By making it happen, we do need our scientists to work even harder, because we are aging and some people may never experience its beauties in their limited life, for the sake of their doubts. Those doubts were caused from their so called intelligent brain. Well, some doubts are necessary, but too much of them will constrain the freedom of a life, which I would consider it too stupid, ha!

To Cs:

Lately, I've been sincerely thinking about your 'emotional' speech regarding to the law of attraction. (Yes, on your birthday, you were very emotional talking about something that should be rationally and rigorously examined.)

I have to say: you were somehow RIGHT! We shouldn't claim something that is not scientifically proved as a 'law'. But on the other hand, we shouldn't directly reject any of its possibilities that it might be right, without carefully examining it, either.
Remember? You directly said 'the law of attraction is a lie', which was anti-scientific as well.

Two characteristics that I consider as a good scientist:
1. He/She is always curious/open to everything that might be happening.
2. He/She is humble towards this huge/massive universe.
(Of course, he/she must be very careful, rational and rigorous as that's the principle/nature of being a scientist.)

To this extend, I think both of us are not qualified enough to be a good scientist, although I know both of us are having a science degree.

However, who cares whether if 'the law of attraction' is true or false? I asked myself, and brought myself back to the original place where I bought that book for you...

What I really cared was YOU!!
Such a sensitive and fragile and kind and passionate and decent and intelligent man, like YOU!
How could this man have all the talent, but still suffer somehow deeply inside his heart?
(Even though, most of the time, he looked happy and funny.)
---Sorry for being very straight, I felt your status from my instinct, as being spiritual with a Psychology background.

I used to date two guys at your age (in different time of course), and one of them even proposed to me for marriage. Now, both of them got married, in a panic of aging, to the women they didn't particularly fall in love with. Interestingly, both of them were Pieces. Oh no! It was actually 'three Pieces guys', but the third one is still single, forty-one years old, and grieving for no wife.

I guess this was the main reason that I bought this book to you---
With my whole blessings; I wish you, as being a great guy, will catch what you really desire, instead of what you fear for.
To make it easy, the law of attraction is talking/suggesting about something that is very similar to the theory of self-fulfilling/self-defeating prophecy. And this "fake law" illustrates the process/functions in details.

However, I don't think I need to explain more here if you are not interested in. You were so right that there was no use trying to convince someone to do something, which might be beneficial to him/her, if the someone doesn't have the will.

Therefore, I guess it would be the end of this letter now.
(Great! I finally started to write it and actually finished it!)
Don't worry, I didn't spend all the time thinking about it.
(I was mostly focusing on my own personal life and lessons.)

Thank you very much for raising this issue, because one of my wishes is to help people spiritually or psychologically.
I've practiced it through you, ha ha! (I know I'm still crapped at the moment, but it will get better.)

All the best, my dearest kind friend,
Yours sincerely,
Yuan-yuan... Yes, not "when-when" again ;-)
.
.
.

8 comments:

Michael Rockwell said...

Thank you so very much for your blog post, I stumbled upon it mere by accident as I myself have been having doubts as to L.O.A. However your post seemed as to speak directly to me, with so many parallel's that once again I find there can be no conincidence. Michael L, Rockwell

Shu-Huei Yuan said...

Thank you too, Michael!
Your comment has largely encouraged me to speak more truths I've encountered :)
As you may notice, this kinds of discoveries are so controversial that sometimes we'd better just keep them 'under the table'. I felt very alone in most of the cases.

Anonymous said...

Как говорилось на 2NT.ru Такая ситуация, постараюсь вкратце. замужем 5 лет. есть малыш 1,5 года. у меня тока мама, которая психически нездорова, детство прошло в аду в прямом смысле. думала замуж выду, свою семью заведу, постараюсь ребенку уяснить все чего не было у меня, в первую очередь нормальной семьи. вышла замуж. сейчас благоверный мотает мне нервы. на первый взгляд вначале все было хорошо. нормально зарабатывает, обеспечивает. потом начались у него клины. незамечала этого, пыталась забеременить, долго не получалось, была сосредоточина на этом. переодически у него случаются срывы. может ударить. все его не устраивает, все что бы я не делала. ведет себя как быдло, вобще ничего мужского. даже словами не описать.хочу развестись, развод не дает, шантаж деньгами. толи я идиотка какая то, толи в жизни тупо не везет. на фоне всего начался псориаз. идти с ребенком к собственной матери не вижу смысла. ваши мысли?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shu-Huei Yuan said...

Hi Anonymous, thanks for your comment although I couldn’t understand your language and need to use a translation engine. Generally, from my point of view, if you’ve been trying very hard on something that you really want but you couldn’t achieve at all, then it means there is a huge barrier lying between you and your dream. Therefore, keep focusing on this thought would only remind you of this huge barrier and make you even more negative. At this moment, the clever thing to do is to ‘do something else’ that will make you happy and satisfied. As long as you can adjust your energy into somewhere more positive by thinking and doing things that make you happy, your energy will raise up and it is until then that you will be able to raise the energy of something in your life that was not so positive into somewhere completely new level and be more hopeful.
Lots of wishes to you.

Anonymous said...

Спасибо понравилось !

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.